So our 341 is over now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So our 341 is over now...

and we have a plan payment that we agreed on with the trustee but won't officially be confirmed until (our attorney said) May 5th, when the lien strip becomes official. So my question is, is there any other meeting we have to attend? Our attorney says it is a done deal and just make the new payment amount that we all agreed on. Is that it, on our part? Will we receive any paperwork stating anything about the new payment amount or the fact that our lien was stripped or that we are officially confirmed in May when that comes about? What is the general paperwork that is sent out after the 341, if any? Or is that something I look up online on the database or pacer? Also, can we go ahead and take the online discharge class now? I think I read that it only has to be done sometime before the last payment of the plan is received. Thanks is advance for the answer to my questions.

Any official paperwork should be both on pacer and sent to you.
    Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
    Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

So then...

I will definitely be getting some paperwork stating terms and such? In this paperwork, is that where you typically learn if they want any tax returns sent in or anything like that? Any more meetings that we are required to attend? Can I do the post discharge now or shortly after confirmation, rather than wait?

Comment

I would do the post filing class immediately. We did ours right before our 341 and had our lawyer file the paperwork that shows we completed the class at our 341. It just gets it out of the way and shows the trustee that you aren't going to put anything to the last minute.

Your terms are what you agreed upon at the meeting. You will probably get new papers that show the new payment amount.

Depending on your case and district, you may or may not have to go before the judge. We didn't have to but didn't find out until a week before our court date was supposed to be. It is called confirming without objection. We only had two minor objections to our case and we worked them out before the court date...so we were confirmed.

Do that class right away....just get it over with.

Good luck...
        Filed - 12/24/08 (Merry Christmas Credit Cards!)
        341 - 2/5/09
        Confirmation - 3/13/09....Happy Dance!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X