Someone came by this morning but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone came by this morning but....

I wasn't even dressed so I didn't answer the door.... He had a pen and notebook in hand and was jotting things down. He stayed for just a few minutes. He was driving just a regular car that wasn't marked with any company name or anything. Now we completed our 341 last week and agreed with the trustee to have our payments raised to get confirmed. The only thing we are waiting on now for official confirmation on May 5th, is the lien strip to become official. Was this someone, perhaps from Countrywide who our second is through, to make sure we are living here? I thought I read if a person is renting a home out, that the original owner wouldn't qualify for a strip. Our attorney said our district uses Zillow only for home value for second lien strips which we are more than $50,000 over on our first right now. The attorney said the judge won't even contest it for our area and their wouldn't be a problem. I suppose Countrywide would try to see on their own what kind of condition our home is in. But right now it looks like hell anyway. We need to paint badly and it's time to do some yard work as well. But we have our older rv and two cars in the driveway and a playset in the front yard so it is easy to see someone lives here. Any ideas on who it was?
    No one called ahead either, it was just a drop by, like they wanted to catch me off guard.

Thanks

Could be someone the lender sent out for an appraisal or a BPO - its ok the house looks like it needs work better for a lower value!

You are in BK, it is ok to answer the door.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

He was probably an appraiser. If you hadn't already filed, I would say he was a bill collector (I had one come to my door and it was definitely a shock), but I think you're okay since you already filed. If it's anyone other than an appraiser, tell them you filed BK and give them the attys name and tell them to have a nice day.
      Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
      341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
      Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

If he was an appraiser, do you think he will be back? Any idea if my attorney may know who he was?

Thanks

Comment

Our second mortgage holder has been sending us letters (this is after we filed bankruptcy) that somebody was going to come by and see if anybody is living there and if they have to, board the place up.

We are in a ''Castle State' which can make it very scary when people come around who are not invited. We have No Trespassing signs, fenced in property, 2 dogs and as a final level of defence, a gun.

When I get the place done, to get to the front door or the back door, a person will have to go thru at least 2 locked areas, in the worst case, they will have to go thru 4 locked areas.
          Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X