Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed Chapter 13 today!

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post. I have been reading this forum for about 3 months and learned alot! Its comforting to know that we have a site to go to and not feel like a misfit. Me and my wife filed Chapter 13 today. It was very emotional for both of us, but our lawyer has been great. He even gave us a call a couple hours after we signed all the papers, just to see if we were doing OK. Thanks again!
    Filed Ch 13 Mar 27, 2009, 341 meeting May 8, 2009, Confirmed Aug, 2009
    Anticipated freedom party Aug 2014

Wow, congrats on getting that ball rolling...and it sounds like you have a great attorney too.
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

We're getting ready to file as well. Never thought we'd be in this position as we have always prided ourselves on paying our bills on time and having excellent credit. We feel so ashamed that we are in this position but the economy has taken it's toll on my husbands occupation (selling real estate). I hope and pray that good will come from this experience and look forward to a fresh start, after dealing with the pain of our situation.

Comment

Congratulations - and hang on to that attorney!

Comment

Another congrats to you! We are in the beginning stages of our filing. Met with our attorney who is great and are in the process of paying her retainer. I am so ready to move forward and be in your position. I wish you guys all the best!
          Filed: 8-19-09
          341: 9-21-09
          Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X