Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for expense pointers

Hi!

I have seen people talk about living expenses and to make sure that your budget is correct. Does anyone have personal experience and things to share to help with this? I am planning on filing May 21st and I want to make sure that my living expenses are correct because it will play a big role in how we live "with the plan".

Some ideas I have are: 1) We heat our home with propane and I am going to see if I can get on a monthly pay plan instead of just filling up our tank when needed during the winter months.
    2) Count all of the little stuff, i.e. stamps, yearly personal property taxes divided into 12 months, oil changes into monthly amounts, etc. This is where I'd like some ideas. You know the stuff you only pay once in a while but it does affect your budget every month.
    3) How do you really figure expenses that fluctuate like gas for your car or (in my case) babysiting? When gas was almost $4/gal and now it is right at $2/gallon how can you plan for that? Also, I am a part-time employee and I only pay my babysitter when I work. I am on call 6 days a week and some weeks it is dry and others it is busy. Do I just budget for the upper end of cost?

I have started keeping receipts for absolutely EVERYTHING (it's driving my husband nuts) so that I have a better idea of what we're spending money on. I hope that this will give me some better insight and be able to fill out my living expenses within reason.
    CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
    Discharged: 7/25/12

Hi there,

Don't forget about:

- any yearly subscriptions (we have Sirius Radio and don't know if that will be allowed, but I'm keeping records).
    - AAA/tow service?
    - Wood for fire place?
    - Contacts and/or glasses?

My hubby commutes 135 miles/day and when gas was at almost $5/gallon, our monthly gas bill was almost $500 a month (that was with an economical car too! Yikes!). Now, our monthly bill is appox. $300. I used a program called "Quicken" and it keeps track of everything, I also keep all receipts (like you ), but I think the Trustee will take the "average" of the last 6 months, so let's keep our fingers crossed that gas prices won't go back up...darn, I should have filed when the gas prices were at it's highest

Good Luck!
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Use this calculator to help you out some more.

Celebrating 10 years of .xyz - over a decade of innovation! We are beginning the countdown to our decade-iversary! Over ten chapters, journey through a decade of innovation with .xyz. From its ambitious inception to quickly becoming a leader in the domain industry, each press release will unveil a year of .xyz’s history, challenges, and

Comment

Thanks a bunch!

This really helped out a lot! In fact, I put in my expenses and I have about $160 left for disposal income. The attorney thought we'd have to make about a $150 plan payment per month and this will get us close to the right numbers. At least it is a starting point.
        CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
        Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X