top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your best advice for a successful 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't read all the replies to see if this suggestion is covered, so I apologize if it is.
    I suggest when you have the option of having the plan payment taken out of your paycheck, YOU DO IT. Do a pacer check of other chapter 13's in your area, or others that share your name and see the disposition of a lot of them. A majority of dismissals are failure to make plan payment. Sometimes we just simply forget. If your Trustee is a forgiving type, maybe you'll be fine, but if not, you'll find yourself closed out. Having it automatically taken from your paycheck will ensure you will NEVER forget. Embarrassing for your payroll department to know your financial business? Get over it. My employer was one of my creditors, so obviously they just might get wind of it. That would suck to be in the home stretch and forget to send in a money order that month.
    Filed 09/08/10, $26k unsecured. Plan submitted 09/16/10, $250/mo X 36 Months = $9,000.
    First Payment: 09/28/10 341 Hearing: 10/12/10, Confirmation: 10/28/10
    2nd debtor education course taken: 02/05/13. DISCHARGE: 10/10/2013.

Comment

DISCIPLINE, plain and simple. If you don't need it don't buy it.

Comment

I agree chapter 13 bankruptcy is a powerful tool for all debtors those who are suffering financial constraints. Actually, chapter 13 has the ability to save a home from foreclosure. It gives an opportunity to the debtor to make the payments to the creditors over a period of three to five years through a repayment plan. It has many plans like discharging debts. I think chapter 13 bankruptcy is simple way to remove your bad financial situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X