Dmi and ch 13 payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dmi and ch 13 payments

I have read on here where alot of people are making HUGE CH 13 payments. Me and my husband make about $68K a year ($5,666/mo) and we have a family of 4. This puts us just under the median income in MO so our plan would be 3 years

We bought way too much of a house 6 years ago and we are current on it's payments. I have figured my expenses per month and we are only gonna have about $200 left for DMI. With unsecured debt of $107K, I'm guessing that paying about $200/mo for 36 months means my percent pay back (after attorney and trustee fees) will be very minimal to the unsecured debtors. Is this the right way of thinking about it. Does it really even matter what the percent payback is?
    CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
    Discharged: 7/25/12

As HHM did post, percent payback, it doesnt matter. Although in some cases, I do see that it matters, but thats another topic I suppose.

Based on what you stated above, that may or may not be a correct assumption of your particular case.

I suggest that you hire an experienced Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney to go over your numbers and, only until then can you really be confident about your monthly payback.

Initially when I started learning the basics of a 13, I assumed that my payment would be about $150-$200, but after hiring an attorney, and going over the specifics more thoroughly, my payment is more like $300-$400.

So, you are on the right track so far.

Comment

I was thinking our payment was going to be in the $250 range but our attorney told me right now we have $345 of dmi. Consulting an experienced bk attorney is definitely the way to go.
      Filed: 8-19-09
      341: 9-21-09
      Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X