When to Pay 1st Payment??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to Pay 1st Payment??

Our case was finally filed about 2 weeks ago and our 341 meeting is on June 4th. When do we make our first payment to the trustee?? I can't find that information anywhere. I'm just afraid that they'll let us know the day before it's due in May or something and we won't be ready for it.

IIRC, 1st payment is due the 1st of the month following the filling. Your atty should have told you when to make payment. Why won't you be ready with your proposed payment amt?

Comment

You must pay the 1st payment within 30 days from filing your plan. So if you filed 2 weeks ago, you have about 2 more weeks before 1st payment is due. My trustee didn't tell me anything about the due date, my lawyer did when we filed, and said I had better get it paid or they might dismiss at the 341 hearing. Our trustee was so backlogged I'd actually made 2 payments before the 341.
      Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
      Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

We filed December 16th, our first payment was due January 16th. Hopefully your lawyer gave you the mailing address of where to mail the payment to! Our lawyer told us to make sure the first payment is in on time, otherwise the trustee will dismiss it. Our trustee is REALLY strict..

Comment

I just looked it up, our atty filed 4/21/09, so I HOPE we have until 5/21. I sure can't make the payment today. Our payment is $2,091. My mother-in-law was just diagnosed with cancer across the country and my husband is the only one who is taking any responsibility (she doesn't have a husband), so we've been have to spend extra money on airfare. IT SUCKS.

Comment

Your first plan payment is due within 30 days from the date you file for bankruptcy, otherwise the trustee can move for a dismissal of your case. Good luck!!!
            Filed Ch. 13 Pro Se 1/8/09
            Plan Payments Complete!!! 4/17/13:
            DISCHARGED!!! 7/9/13

Comment

I love the easy questions,

Payment is due within 30 days of the date you filed the BK petition. Which means it must be RECEIVED by the trustee within that 30 days...don't mail it on day 30.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X