Need advice on auto!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice on auto!!

We are preparing to file Chapter 13 where we will be including our two autos (one which will doing a "cramdown" since we owe 22K on it and the value is 12K). My question is can I stop paying the payment on it since it will be included in our 13? I'm past due for 3/25 and 4/25. We won't be filing for another 45 - 60 days since we are waiting to hear from our mortgage lender about a loan modification. Will they reposess vehicle or can I just tell them that I'm getting ready to file BK and including it in our plan and give them my attorney's name. Any ideas?

Once you are late, they can reposess it at any time. You are only protected once you file BK under the automatic stay. I wouldn't chance it, by the time you file, you would be around 4 months late...
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

I wouldn't risk it. Right now I'm 61 days late on a van which will be surrendered in the CH13 and I've been badgering my attorney to get the paperwork done to stop a potential repo. I dropped my paperwork off on 3/27 and we had the meeting to sign on April 25. But they were not prepared and kept saying "oh, you didn't give us that paper." - to which I would get up, walk over to the files I provided and pull it out of the stack (I have a bit of OCD which serves me well in cases such as this). I have the paperwork in front of me now and they mixed up mine and my husband's SS #'s. Grrrrr....

I'm starting to think that I should call the note holder on the car and promise a payment for next week in order to buy some time. But they record that stuff...would that be a problem?
      over $100K cc debt,$20K taxes,$332K mortgages/value $190K,surrendered
      Confirmed, $801/month 56 down,4 to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X