top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeah! At least it's the beginning of the end!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah! At least it's the beginning of the end!

I have a case number - YAHOO!

I'm sure there will be more paperwork and hiccups and objections and changes to the budget but I feel relieved that the process is in motion.

And the current payment plan is very doable and should be sustainable even when my unemployment runs out and is replaced by a lower paying job.

Yeah! It's a start!
    over $100K cc debt,$20K taxes,$332K mortgages/value $190K,surrendered
    Confirmed, $801/month 56 down,4 to go

Since we got our case number, all we have had to do is go to the 341 meeting, everything else was taken care of so far by the lawyer.
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Me too!! Beginning of the end...

After 2 months of agony studying the new Chapter 13 mess and poring over paystubs, bank statements, BK forms and statutes, we finally signed the papers with the attorney today and the petition was filed shortly after. Check out the plan:

$435/month plan payment for 60 months

Included in plan:
      • $95,000 unsecured debt (was costing me over $2000/month)
      • $25,000 second mortgage stripped and vaporized (was $290/month)
      • $13,000 car loan balance crammed down to $12,000 with 5% reduced interest rate and stretched over 5 years (was $650/month)
      • All assets protected including home, second vehicle, households.

And this was with 100% disclosure of all assets & income, etc...no funny stuff. Crossing my fingers until confirmation but it is looking very good so far.

Bottom line: Do your homework, take your time, choose an experienced, bold BK attorney that knows your court, and prepare your affairs...make the system work for you and no one else. And above all, don't worry yourself to death. If you are honest and smart, you can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X