top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Large balance with trustee anyone else have this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large balance with trustee anyone else have this???

Hello so we just filed to surrender our home and have been paying in about 5000$ per month till now since I was laid off!

Our plan was paying all of our home payment and rears and I think 0% to unsecured creditors my question is now that the home is going back to the bank what do you think will happen with the 22,000 that is in the trustee's account? Would they give that to our home loan company or apply it towards the amount they figure we owe to cover our assets at about 40K (cars)

Anyone have this happen? I would hate to know that all that money was going to the mortgage company specially when they denied us for a modification recently

Give me your thoughs
    Converted to Chp 7 in July 341 AUG 3rd Went well!!!
    Trustee Paid Off Looking At Discharge!!! Might Be A Good After all!
    Discharge Date 10/02/09 Counting the days down

Originally posted by 253BK View Post
    Hello so we just filed to surrender our home and have been paying in about 5000$ per month till now since I was laid off!

Our plan was paying all of our home payment and rears and I think 0% to unsecured creditors my question is now that the home is going back to the bank what do you think will happen with the 22,000 that is in the trustee's account? Would they give that to our home loan company or apply it towards the amount they figure we owe to cover our assets at about 40K (cars)

Anyone have this happen? I would hate to know that all that money was going to the mortgage company specially when they denied us for a modification recently

Give me your thoughs
    I am not for sure, but I think the all the money would go towards your secured debts,and since you are keeping your cars and reafirming them, I dont think it would go there.

Comment

I talked to my attorney and he said that the funds will go to secured creditors which is only the IRS we own both of our cars outright

He seems to think we owe about 45K in payments with 21K being paid already he thinks we can keep paying 1000$ per month and get done sooner so that would be nice!

We shall see though
      Converted to Chp 7 in July 341 AUG 3rd Went well!!!
      Trustee Paid Off Looking At Discharge!!! Might Be A Good After all!
      Discharge Date 10/02/09 Counting the days down

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X