top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I wait for loan modification before filing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I wait for loan modification before filing?

I've been "planning" on filing for the last 5 months and I should have all my ducks in a row by June....(home value decreased so I can lien strip...paid up insurances, stocked the house, etc..)
    My first is through Wells Fargo and they are reviewing my loan for modification. I've paid them $2800 in the last 5 months and they are holding it pending the review.
    I was told by one of their associates not to pay anymore because if I catch up payments then it would disqualify me for modification. Should I wait for them to decide and then file? Should I send them anymore $$?
    What are the pro's and con's to this?
    As always,
    Thank You everybody for your comments!!!
    Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.

Don't you have to be current to do a 13?
    1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
    2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
    4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

No you can be brought current during a CH13. In CA Cent Dist (according to my lawyer anyway) they will only put the actual missing payments inside the plan, the mortgage will otherwise be payed outside the plan which is good.

As to the OP, you may be waiting for something that never shows up. IF you can continue to wait, then wait, if not you might want to just move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by pcn View Post
        Don't you have to be current to do a 13?
        I'm not sure if you have to be current. I will be selling an extra vehicle that should bring me current.

Comment

Originally posted by walkthaplank View Post
          No you can be brought current during a CH13. In CA Cent Dist (according to my lawyer anyway) they will only put the actual missing payments inside the plan, the mortgage will otherwise be payed outside the plan which is good.

As to the OP, you may be waiting for something that never shows up. IF you can continue to wait, then wait, if not you might want to just move forward.
          I agree, I'm going to hire an attorney by the 1st and have everything ready to file. That will relieve some of the stress of waiting. Not knowing what will happen gets to me after awhile....Thank God for Tylenol PM!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X