Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help!

We are trying to get to sign our petition. The atty's office emailed us copies of our Sched. J. We have a unique situation. Our adult daughter lives with us and makes a meager salary after quitting college a few years back. She also is going through a chap 7. We are doing chap 13. The problem is that our income and her income over the years became a blur. She had also been unemployed for 9 months with us supporting her. The atty's office is telling us that we need to look over the sched. J's. The atty say's that she doesn't understand how my daughter is -$400. On our sched. J. we are roughly -$2100. How can we be minus and go chap 13? We don't understand what the atty's office wants us to do with the sched. J's. Do we up the amounts on the sched. J's? We are so confused and are due to sign our petition monday july 20th.

sorry if this sounds confusing, but we are at our wits end.

It sounds like you are below the median income, and your disposable monthly income or plan payment is being derived from Schedule I and J.

They are telling you to look at your Schedule J so that you make it go to positive, so that you can actually show the court you can fund a plan.

What does your Schedule I say?

Comment

Originally posted by inevitable View Post
      It sounds like you are below the median income, and your disposable monthly income or plan payment is being derived from Schedule I and J.

They are telling you to look at your Schedule J so that you make it go to positive, so that you can actually show the court you can fund a plan.

What does your Schedule I say?
      Thanks so much for responding. No, we haven't see the sched I. We are very above the median just based on salary. We have a large mtg payment on top of basic bills. My husband was laid off this past dec for 5 1/2 weeks. He now works for $35,000 less than he did before. We have a line of credit (2nd mtg) w/BOA too. If we can't fund a plan, shouldn't we be going for a chap7 instead of the 13? We live paycheck to paycheck as it is. They also combined our income w/our daughter's which has made this more difficult as well. We did email the atty's office with these exact questions.

thanks

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X