Buying a car before filing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoshi View Post
    The dealer called and they are having some challenges getting us approved. They want to know why we are buying a 3rd vehicle. We have two currently financed and once approved we were going to surrender the misses car. WE told them we have a buyer for hers and it will go away once we get a replacement. I dont think their buying that excuse.
    Anyone been in a similar situation willing to shed some advice?

Probably not much to do here and the alternative is to keep her car and take the chance it lasts.

Thanks again.

Can't you trade her car in and roll the deficiency into the new loan?
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
      Can't you trade her car in and roll the deficiency into the new loan?
      Initally we tried to finance without trading her car in. We are around 6k upside down and didnt want to take the hit with adding 6k on top of the new purchase. The atty recommended to just let it go after we purchase. The dealer found us a lender but they want proof that her car is sold. Our response was we cant sell it unless we know we can get a new car. The dealer said then trade in is the only option. So we went back and ran the numbers on the trade in and now they know were buried by 6k. So now the dealer says the used car we wanted doesn't add up with the numbers and is pressuring us to buy a new car with rebates to offset the negative equity. The whole situation has been very difficult and aggrevating. When initally talked to them two weeks ago and have not made any progress over the past two days.
      On top of that we stopped paying C.C's and honda card (quads). We went to another delaer Monday night and pulled credit and now the past dues are showing. The intial lot has a credit report pulled a week ago and doesnot reflect the past dues. So now we are kind of stuck with the first dealer hoping they wont pull the credit again. Our goal is to purchase a car no matter what the rate is because based on atty feedback is no matter what our rate is pre bk that it will be 4.5% after filing.

I'm trying to pursuade the misses to keep her car becasue we will hopefully have low monthly payments but she doesnt want to risk it. i guess the almighty banks will determine our future!!!!
      Funny thing is they (banks) can get a bailout and continue buisness somewhat unaffected but we consider a bailout and have no options.
      Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Comment

My suggestion for you is to just go with the lenders advice and take the brand new car with a fresh warranty, which is no worries for you, especially if your gonna do a Ch.13.

I suggest buying something that has an extensive warranty, like a Hyundai or Kia, they have very lucrative warranties like 60,000/5 year bumper to bumper.

The dealer cant mark up the loan on a used car, but new cars with rebates and full value, have much more wiggle room for them to get you financed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X