top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much in your bank account the day you filed? How much was taken out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much in your bank account the day you filed? How much was taken out?

In our state, our attorney can only protect 25% of wage-earned income. Anyone familar with this? Does this mean (to make math easy) that if we have $1000 in our bank account (wage-earned income only) on the day of filing, that we will lose $250? Or does this happen after our 341 meeting? I'm so confused. Dont' feel like paying $300 to ask my attorney just yet so I thought I'd ask you all!

We were able to protect all that was in our acct. (It wasn't much)

If you are a lil ahead of filing, start taking cash during routine essential purchases and socking it away.
    Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
    341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

Indiana says no more then $300 per filer in the checking, giving us an allowed amount of $600. We were at $318 the day we filed. Call the attorney, ask them exactly what you need in your acct. The day we filed, our attorneys paralegal called, had me check my acct once she knew the amount, she told me were would good to go, so she filed. We paid the day after our mortgage had been paid, which left us well below the allowed amount.
      Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Oregon exempts $7500 (yep, that's right) of exempt income on deposit. So, if you have $10000 of nothing but wages, the $7500 should be exempt. Many states do not allow the federal exemptions, but have their own in place. It's a state's rights thing. Every state is different.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X