CA - Eastern District

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CA - Eastern District

It seems that a lot of answers on these boards are "depends on the trustee in your district". So I wonder what has been your experience with the trustees in the Eastern District of California?

MY general concerns would be in regards to CC purchases prior to filing, how far back do they look (based on previous experience), also regarding income increases (when they would need to be reported, etc), and tax returns (we typically get enough back from Feds to pay the State and have about $1k leftover - would they take that?).

Any comments regarding experience in this district, related or not to my questions, would be great! Just trying to get an idea of what I have to look forward to (..... or dread).

Thanks!

Originally posted by JenR View Post
    It seems that a lot of answers on these boards are "depends on the trustee in your district". So I wonder what has been your experience with the trustees in the Eastern District of California?

MY general concerns would be in regards to CC purchases prior to filing, how far back do they look (based on previous experience), also regarding income increases (when they would need to be reported, etc), and tax returns (we typically get enough back from Feds to pay the State and have about $1k leftover - would they take that?).

Any comments regarding experience in this district, related or not to my questions, would be great! Just trying to get an idea of what I have to look forward to (..... or dread).

Thanks!
    Hi Jen, glad to hear from someone else in this District. We're in 100% payback, were not required to submit tax returns or any other paperwork after the initial 341; the lookback was 6 months I think, 90 days on cash advances.
    We met our trustee (Jan Johnson) at the door of the 341 meeting room and chatted for a while...pretty businesslike but not stern....(if you watch "Cold Case" he reminds me of the Captain!)
    Payment is by cashier's check only, snail mail, by the 25th; apparently they don't do automatic deductions or payroll deductions, although that might have changed by now.
    I had occasion to email the office re a deferrment in payments, and got really quick responses with links to the appropriate code sections.
    We hadn't been told by our attorney anything re income increases or decreases but again, we're in 100% payback so it doesn't really matter....until my husband retires next spring, that will be a huge decrease so we'll deal with it then. I can't get the attorney to even give us a hypothetical about that situation...once we can document the actual income is when they will petition to decrease the plan payment
    Good luck to you!
    04/04/08 filed Ch. 13
    5/08/08 341 hearing
    6/12/08 Confirmed

Comment

I re-read HHM sticky re % payback doesn't matter, so that may NOT be the reason we weren't required to submit tax returns
      04/04/08 filed Ch. 13
      5/08/08 341 hearing
      6/12/08 Confirmed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X