341 Meeting..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting..

I had my 341 meeting yesterday (Chap 13) and all went fine.

Me being anxious & nervous was all for not!
    I had a head ache the night before worrying about it.

It wasn't in a court room like some have said, but a med size room with 3 smaller rooms to the side. The trustee calls you in the room closes the door, goes over your paper work. Verifies who you are threw your ID, asks basic questions and that's it.

I was in there for about 1/2hr so that 5-10min thing was the only difference.
    Now on to the confirmation hearing next month.

Some asked about video of cases, I came across this..
    Last edited by Carloscda; 08-06-2009, 07:45 PM.

So then CONGRATULATIONS are in order. Welcome to the--I wanted to say the 60 Day Club, then I saw you are a Ch13. Congrats anyway getting this far.

I would hesitate to say that the '5-10min' thing is way off. You only know what happened to YOU in YOUR 341. You have no idea what happened before or after you, and certainly not in other districts.

Still, congrats anyway!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

my husband and I had our 341 meeting on wed aug 5th and like you all went smooth.......then, on fri aug 7th we got a notice in the mail from the trustee that there are several trustee objections- our lawyer didn't prepare us for any objectons from the trustee and of course there office was closed on fri by the time I got this notice. our lawyer had set our plan payment at $ 553/ mo. and one objection by trustee wants to re-set payment at $752/mo. and another objection re-set at $866/mo.

I'm totally ticked off that our lawyer didn't tell us this even could happen and now it's ruined my weekend! I'm sure our lawer will try to modify the trustees objections but we certaintly won't have the payment I thought we were going to. How the trustee expects us to pay that payment is beyond me, even if we can (?) we won't have a dime left over per month. hope the car doesn't break down in the next 5 years!

Comment

just remember that chapter 13 is all about compromise with the trustee. He probably won't get the 866 and you probably won't get your 563. I am sure that somewhere in the middle is where you will both meet. The trustee must believe that your expenses are too high in some areas. Find out what those are and object to the trustee's objection but be prepared to PROVE without a doubt that those are your expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by dijmart View Post
          my husband and I had our 341 meeting on wed aug 5th and like you all went smooth.......then, on fri aug 7th we got a notice in the mail from the trustee that there are several trustee objections- our lawyer didn't prepare us for any objectons from the trustee and of course there office was closed on fri by the time I got this notice. our lawyer had set our plan payment at $ 553/ mo. and one objection by trustee wants to re-set payment at $752/mo. and another objection re-set at $866/mo.

I'm totally ticked off that our lawyer didn't tell us this even could happen and now it's ruined my weekend! I'm sure our lawer will try to modify the trustees objections but we certaintly won't have the payment I thought we were going to. How the trustee expects us to pay that payment is beyond me, even if we can (?) we won't have a dime left over per month. hope the car doesn't break down in the next 5 years!
          Wow.. I Feel for you!

During my meeting the trustee noted a few things but the were corrected right there. We had to rearrange some numbers & add my car to a different section on the form.

Did you receive a "Minutes of 341" form?
          On that is where the trustee noted the changes to be made, I signed that and the meeting was concluded.

Hope things workout for you!

Comment

the trustee asked us a few things wrote down our answer, but we signed nothing. no "minutes of 341" form was mentioned. if you signed something yours must have been accepted without objection? if so, i'm happy for you, cuz i know i hate waiting....ugh!

Comment

I had my 341 hearing for chapter 13. went very smooth. but I was very prepared and i know there was nothing left to take from me. the lawyer for the trustee told me that i could turn in my 3 month old car and buy a used car so i would have a smaller car payment and the court could have more for my creditors. passed on that.
              so my payment was raised one dollar. we sat there and watched her raise everybody's payment one dollar just for whatever reason.

so went from 300 to 301.

also had 341 and confirmation same day.

3 payments down, 57 to go.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X