Decrease in Expenses during Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decrease in Expenses during Chapter 13

Right now I'm paying $465 a month for rent and the only utility bill I have is about $75 a month. My boyfriend and I will be moving into a house together by the end of this year and I will not have to pay rent anymore. The only thing I will have to contribute to in the house is buying the groceries. Will I have to inform the trustee of this and I can I just tell him I moved but my rent is the same. That way I will be able to save some more money.
    Filed Chapter 7 8/2006 Discharge 11/2006
    Filing Non Dischargable Chapter 13 August 2009
    *When this is done, I promise to never get in debt again cause this sucks :-(*

Personally, I'd be tempted to write "rent" and "utility" checks every month to the boyfriend, have him cash them, and then put the $ in a firesafe or somewhere secure and untrackable. And tell NO-ONE that you do this, ever! But that's just the little devil on my shoulder saying that...
    Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
    Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

That is what I want to do, just put the money away to save it. I was thinking about getting a P.O. Box before I moved and have all my mail go to that. So when I do finally move into the house they won't know my real address changed.
      So I'm waiting for somebody to come along and tell me that this is not a good idea and I should let them know of the changes. Knowing me and my scary self that is what I will end up doing, maybe I can just hide it for a few months..LOL I don't know.

Comment

you need to change your address with the trustee so they know where it is going in case they need to send stuff to you. I agree with the above poster. Just write out a check to your boyfriend, have him cash it and then give it back to you for a savings account. I moved several times and I was never questioned once about the difference in rent I was paying, sometimes higher and sometimes lower. However in Michigan I get to claim a portion of my rent on my Mi taxes as exempted. So I guess by looking at my return, they knew I was paying rent.

Comment

I agree, I would tell him anything about expenses going down. After all they could go right back up...god forbid something happened to the boyfriend, lost his job, left for a pack of smokes and never came back... If you can, save the money as suggested. Trustee's are very busy people, especially now, and it really isn't there job to check up on you.
          Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
          Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
          Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Wish I was in your shoes...my expenses keep going up. Mortgage payment went up because home insurance went up (paid by escrow) when they reviewed my credit. Then my 19 year old son's college grades were below 3.0 so his car insurance went up 20 percent (lost good student discount) and we pay that expense for him. Also, the electric company raised their rates recently so that went up to. But I am expecting a promotion at work in a few months so that will help. I just have to budget, budget, budget to get through until then.
            CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
            Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

We have been looking for houses for months now and I wish we could have found one by now because I might have been able to save myself from filing chapter 13. He is allowing me to live expense free because I have done so much to help him in the past which is partly why I'm filing in the first place. My credit is already destroyed any way so filing another BK won't make it any worse than it already is.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X