Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much did you pay??

What did the Attorney charge you for filing Chapter 13?? Mine is $1475.00

Are you sure that is the total? Is there another portion rolled into your plan?

Generally $3500 and up for a CH13 in most places. When I was looking, there were a couple of attorneys who offered low down payments with the rest rolled into the plan, while some others wanted 100% up front.

Comment

I had to pay $300 to him initially and that covered fees and such and then $3000 was rolled into my plan!

Comment

WOW my attorney fees are $1475 total

Comment

Ours was $2000. I'm in GA
          07-21-2009 filed Chapter 13
          05-02-11 CONVERTED TO CHAPTER 7 :

09-07-11 DISCHARGED !!!!!!

Comment

Ours was $3000 plus $276 filing fees. I'm in Missouri.

Comment

Im in SW Florida $1475.00 Total

Comment

I paid $500 to retain him. Two weeks later I paid the $274 filing fee. The other $2500 was rolled into my plan.
                Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
                Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

I paid $1,000 through my union plan.
                  Filed March 2009

Comment

I paid $100 to retain my attorney. Then next week I have to pay him $475 to do the filing and then $2925 will be rolled into my plan. I'm in Illinois
                    Filed Chapter 7 8/2006 Discharge 11/2006
                    Filing Non Dischargable Chapter 13 August 2009
                    *When this is done, I promise to never get in debt again cause this sucks :-(*

Comment

I paid $ 750.00 to retain him w/includes filing fee. The rest is getting rolled into the plan.. I believe the total is $3000.00 which is typical here in western PA
                      Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
                      Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
                      Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Mine was $1500 upfront, $1500 rolled in to the plan. Plus $200/hr in the plan for any additional work (amount to be submitted right before confirmation).
                        Filed CH13 - 06/2009
                        Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Originally posted by walkthaplank View Post
                          Are you sure that is the total? Is there another portion rolled into your plan?

Generally $3500 and up for a CH13 in most places. When I was looking, there were a couple of attorneys who offered low down payments with the rest rolled into the plan, while some others wanted 100% up front.
                          I'm getting ready to file a 13 in the next 30 days. I've interviewed one attorney, but would like some other opinions. Can you PM me with your experience, and maybe the name of the attorney you went with?

Thanks!

Comment

My attorney told me that there is a law governing the maximum amount that can be charged for a Chapter 13 filing. Back a couple of years ago, that amount (ostensibly) was roughly equivalent to $3500, not including the filing fees, or any additional expenses incurred due to case complications.

Comment

Our attorney charged $3000. We had to pay $1500 upfront plus the $275 filing fee. The other $1500 was included in our Chapter 13 plan.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X