341 Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Today

341 went well. Only one objection by substitute trustee. He wants the plan amended to reflect that the creditors receive any possible refund from a debt relief agency I used. Lawyer said no problem he will amend within the week.
    Chapter 13ner

Congratulations on your successful 341.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thank you Angelina! This forum has been a great help. Come to think of it I believe my lawyer left something for the trustee to chew on so he would leave the rest of the plan alone. I'll know soon enough.
      Chapter 13ner

Comment

Congrats on your 341 going well....
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Trainwreck.... I am currently fighting (dilegently) to get a refund from a debt relief agency that I paid a total of approx $3000 too for a period of about 8 mths. I did receive what I had in my stored savings account a few months ago. I have the BBB and also the Attorney Generals office looking into this matter for me. I mentioned it to my attorney who I have only met with twice. Once for the free consultation and once to retain. I guess we didnt really get into the debt relief thing in detail so did your attorney make the trustee aware that this may be coming or how did that all come about ??????? Are you having any luck getting any of your money back ?? and what avenues are u taking in persuing it ?????
          Sorry for all the questions
          Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
          Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
          Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Originally posted by klandsb View Post
            Trainwreck.... I am currently fighting (dilegently) to get a refund from a debt relief agency that I paid a total of approx $3000 too for a period of about 8 mths. I did receive what I had in my stored savings account a few months ago. I have the BBB and also the Attorney Generals office looking into this matter for me. I mentioned it to my attorney who I have only met with twice. Once for the free consultation and once to retain. I guess we didnt really get into the debt relief thing in detail so did your attorney make the trustee aware that this may be coming or how did that all come about ??????? Are you having any luck getting any of your money back ?? and what avenues are u taking in persuing it ?????
            Sorry for all the questions
            My situation may be slightly different from yours.
            I used a company that assumed the debt and attempted novation with a new contract by sending the new contract and consideration check to the credit card service and dispute departments. They all cashed the checks and accepted ongoing consideration payments. To make a long story short it did not work and the banks started coming after me.
            My lawyer saw the debt assumption notarized forms I had and listed the actual debts I had as a possible asset and is going after the company to try and make them pay the debt. The trustee wants his share if that happens though I think it is unlikely. That was the only objection the trustee had I hope. He just wants it officially listed on the plan that he and the creditors get a cut if the lawyer is successful. Sounds complicated and it is.
            I think the reason the lawyer and trustee are interested in it is because it is between 80K - 85K including the $2500 I paid for the service (by what else? A credit card!)
            This was about 18 months ago when I did this.
            As far as I am concerned it belongs to the banks anyway and I told that to the trustee.
            Last edited by TrainWreak; 09-18-2009, 09:18 PM.
            Chapter 13ner

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X