When do your pmts start ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do your pmts start ????

I was reading another thread and it stated the following: (hope its not a no no to do this ) if so soo sorry

Filed July 17, 2009
    341 September 22, 2009
    Confirmation December 1, 2009 (rescheduled)
    3 months in 57 to go

Anyway my question is this person had there 341 on Sept 22nd and there confirmation isnt until Dec 2009 but they have made 3 pmts already if I am reading it correctly ????

So your pmts start when ????
    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
    Discharged 4-13-15

Originally posted by klandsb View Post
    I was reading another thread and it stated the following: (hope its not a no no to do this ) if so soo sorry

So your pmts start when ????
    You start 30 days after you file paying into the plan.. I think they won't to see if you can make payments..
    The information provided is not and should not be considered legal advice or establish an attorney/client relationship.

Comment

Mine started the very next week I got paid.....I get paid weekly so every week I pay. I'm probably gonna run into trouble right away with my payments...cause work has taken a turn for the very worst here and my pay is so erratic right now I have no idea what's going to happen. I know I will be calling my lawyer sometime this week once I find out if we have any work next week or the week after.
      Filed September 15 2009
      Confirmed December 15 2009 :yahoo
      Discharged! 1/31/12 New beginning has begun!

Comment

Thanks so much.. I was confused about paying before it was confirmed.. So I just sent all the paper work into the attorneys office and I am assuming they will get all the numbers figured out with me before they would actually file the paperwork ... So I may be looking at another few wks to a mth before file date ??? what's your thoughts bklawn
        Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Yeah it should take a couple of weeks and they will call you the day you file. Then you should get a letter from them stating how much and when and where you mail your payment until the garnishment letter hits your employer. Thats how it worked for me at least.
          Filed September 15 2009
          Confirmed December 15 2009 :yahoo
          Discharged! 1/31/12 New beginning has begun!

Comment

I haven't even had my 341 yet and i've had to make 3 payments.
            Filed CH13 - 06/2009
            Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

OMG.... no 341 and making pmts...wow... "forgotten" u are making pmts but there is a slight chance those pmt amounts could change a little or not ????? OK, so can ya tell I am getting nervous
              Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Originally posted by klandsb View Post
                OMG.... no 341 and making pmts...wow... "forgotten" u are making pmts but there is a slight chance those pmt amounts could change a little or not ????? OK, so can ya tell I am getting nervous
                I am very worried my payment amount could change. I'm barely getting by as it is. I'm currently paying $950/mo (and paying all secured loans outside the plan). Not sure what I will do if they want to raise the payment any more.
                Filed CH13 - 06/2009
                Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Good question...We have our 341 meeting on October 22. Do we start making payments after that meeting, because our lawyer has even mention to us when start making the payments.
                  Filed Chapter 13 Sept 8 2009
                  341 Meeting October 2009
                  Converted to Chapter 7 January 2010 due too loss of income. Discharged May 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkrose View Post
                    Good question...We have our 341 meeting on October 22. Do we start making payments after that meeting, because our lawyer has even mention to us when start making the payments.
                    Your first payment is/was due 30 days after the date you FILED.
                    Need to contact your attorney if you need info on where to send your payment (I got the info in the mail twice, once from the attorney and once from the trustee).
                    Filed CH13 - 06/2009
                    Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Yes, payments are due 30 days from file date. There was a young man in our 341 that has his payments reduced (if that makes you feel better) but he was told to make sure it was in by a certain date or his case could be dismissed.
                      On the flip side, ours was increased but by only a few dollars a month due to a difference on valuation on our car (attorney vs. trustee's office). Since we had already made one payment by our 341 date, the trustee said this change would be effective for the next payment.

Comment

wow... what was the reason for his payment going down?
                        Filed CH13 - 06/2009
                        Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

It wasn't mentioned why his payments decreased, I thought maybe because his circumstances had changed (?)...........would that be a reason? The trustee did caution him though about getting that payment in on time.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X