Any Reason to Pay Chapter 13 off Early?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Reason to Pay Chapter 13 off Early?

We originally had a 5 year plan paying 100% to all secured and unsecured. We are 36 months into the plan paying 2300 per month. 2 large creditors did not file claims (Sears for @ 10k and Citi for 22K)

Looking at Pacer and our Trustees website all claims would be paid off by March 2010. We will have the money to pay off completely in December 2009

MY questoins is there any advantage to pay off early or should we just continue at the normal amount?

There is no benefit, per se, except for the fact you finish earlier.

Comment

I'd say the only advantage is that you could start re-establishing credit sooner, but this is only if you need to buy a car, house, etc in the near future. Otherwise, there's no benefit to working on your credit rating earlier, because frankly all credit can do for you is get you back into debt :-)
      Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
      Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

Even if you are able to pay it off early, I wouldn't...
        What if there is a job loss or some other major event? I would rather try for a hardship discharge or convert to a 7 and still have some savings left.
        Filed CH13 - 06/2009
        Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X