All done...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All done...

We went to our Chapter 13 Orientation last night. It was really good. The place was packed. Our trustee spoke to the group for a good while and he was REALLY nice. Told us we should not feel bad about this, as we are exercising our rights by law. They gave us a handbook that had all kinds of good information in it. They offer Post filing classes at their office for free plus they offer other financial classes throughout the year, for things like re-establishing your credit, getting mortgages, how to understand credit better. I thought it was actually pretty cool.

Today we had our 341, we had a trustee rep in our room. Which she was at our meeting last night and she too spoke. I had actually went up to her and asked a question when we were done last night so we were already some what familiar with each other. The 341 was a piece of cake, id yourself, a few basic questions, then we were done.

Our trustee did tell us our area has the highest success rate along with 2 other cities in the US. He and his staff really seemed helpful.

We were last today, but it gave us a chance to hear all the others, which compared to the rest, we really weren't in bad shape. Some of the plans, seemed CRAZY to me, but of course I didn't know everyone complete stories either.

Oh and one more thing is our Trustees office offers a free website that we can view all our case details 24/7, so no need to use 13datacenter or pacer....Very cool.

Ok, gang well off to work now so I can make money to pay back my debt!

Have a good one....
    Last edited by DUMBAGAIN; 10-14-2009, 07:39 AM. Reason: forgot a point I wanted to tell about
    Filed August 09, all payments made as of July 12th, 2013.....Waiting on final audit and discharge!

Originally posted by DUMBAGAIN View Post
    We went to our Chapter 13 Orientation last night. It was really good. The place was packed. Our trustee spoke to the group for a good while and he was REALLY nice. Told us we should not feel bad about this, as we are exercising our rights by law. They gave us a handbook that had all kinds of good information in it. They offer Post filing classes at their office for free plus they offer other financial classes throughout the year, for things like re-establishing your credit, getting mortgages, how to understand credit better. I thought it was actually pretty cool.

Today we had our 341, we had a trustee rep in our room. Which she was at our meeting last night and she too spoke. I had actually went up to her and asked a question when we were done last night so we were already some what familiar with each other. The 341 was a piece of cake, id yourself, a few basic questions, then we were done.

Our trustee did tell us our area has the highest success rate along with 2 other cities in the US. He and his staff really seemed helpful.

We were last today, but it gave us a chance to hear all the others, which compared to the rest, we really weren't in bad shape. Some of the plans, seemed CRAZY to me, but of course I didn't know everyone complete stories either.

Oh and one more thing is our Trustees office offers a free website that we can view all our case details 24/7, so no need to use 13datacenter or pacer....Very cool.

Ok, gang well off to work now so I can make money to pay back my debt!

Have a good one....
    My case was filed in the Southern District of OH also. When I attended my orientation, just about every chair in the room was taken. I've already completed and received my certificate for the mandatory class that is required for plans filed after Oct 2005. The Trustee's website your speaking of is the 13network.com. It will give you info about your case, but its not in "real time" like Pacer. Good Luck with your plan!!
    Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
    Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Wow much different story than typically heard on 13's. Congratulations and best of luck. I wish all districts were so supportive to the debtors.
      Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
      341 Meeting 09/09/09
      Discharged 11/12/09
      Closed 12/14/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X