Number of Claims Filed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of Claims Filed

If only half of the creditors listed in your Chapter 13 file claims, does it change the length of the plan or the amount of the payments? Last day to file claims in my case is Oct 22nd. Out of 34 creditors only 17 have filed claims.

From what I understand it won't change the length of the plan unless it goes to 100% payback. If not, your creditiors get a bigger percentage of the pie. My claims deadline is Nov 16 and all but 4 have filed out of 29. Some wait til the last minute literally. I was hoping for the same cenario, but it doesn't look like it.
    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Andy is correct. Your payment amount will not change. Your plan length will only change if your general unsecured creditors receive 100% and you would have the ability to pay them off sooner that originally planned due to fewer claims.
      Chapter 13 Filed (Pro Se) - 9/30/09
      Confirmation Date - 12/1/09
      Stats - $1752/month, 29/36 completed, 4% to Unsecured, Lien Stripped 2nd Mortgage

Comment

All of mine filed...a few at the last minute...there was even one from AM Express for $26
        Maybe you will be lucky though!

Comment

Unsecured creditors must file a proof of claim within 90 days of the initial meeting of creditors. If a creditor fails to file a proof of claim, they will not be entitled to a distribution in your plan. However, they may make a motion with the court to allow late filing of the proof of claim. The length of your plan will not change (unless you have an increase in income), and the payments should not increase because your plan is based upon your disposable income.
          Last edited by AngelinaCat; 10-28-2009, 05:51 AM. Reason: Active link and name deleted--Forum rules.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X