Last payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last payment

I was posting on another thread but wanted to start my own. We mailed our last payment the other day and I emailed my attorney and this is what I got back from him.

"It looks like $27,140 was due, and the trustee received over $28,000. The trustee will do an audit, and check on the tax refunds, and then issue a Motion that you are in compliance. Legally, we wait 20 days after that motion, and submit an Order to the judge for a discharge. So, hopefully, the audit will conclude soon."

The trustee actually just did an audit a couple of months ago and that's when we found out we had to send them our state tax refund, which we did immediately. So hopefully this one is just a formality and we are done!!!
    Filed Chapter 13 10/4/04
    Completed Chapter 13 10/28/09
    Discharged 1/4/10!!!

Wow. It must be a great feeling !!! Just a little jealous due to the fact that I just filed last week and not looking forward to the next 60 mths. 60mths sound like such a very, very long time. I keep trying to think of the positives...
    Congrats again to you and go out and enjoy your new start in life. Hopefully, you have learned from past financial mistake and are ready to enjoy the freedom of being debt free and out from under the trustee's eyes
    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
    Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Originally posted by klandsb View Post
      Wow. It must be a great feeling !!! Just a little jealous due to the fact that I just filed last week and not looking forward to the next 60 mths. 60mths sound like such a very, very long time. I keep trying to think of the positives...
      Congrats again to you and go out and enjoy your new start in life. Hopefully, you have learned from past financial mistake and are ready to enjoy the freedom of being debt free and out from under the trustee's eyes
      Ditto! lol
      CH13 - filed 30 JUL 09, $1521 @ 60 mos (100% payback)
      Done!!! - 01 Jul 2014 I'm free!! Discharged 9/23/14!

Comment

Just checked my status on the data site and it says "COMPLETED". I think we're finally through with this!!!!! Come on Judge Calloway and give my discharge papers!!!!!
        Filed Chapter 13 10/4/04
        Discharged 1/4/10!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 77ford View Post
          Just checked my status on the data site and it says "COMPLETED". I think we're finally through with this!!!!! Come on Judge Calloway and give my discharge papers!!!!!
          CONGRATULATIONS!!! Really happy for you.

Comment

When I got home from work tonight I had letter in the mailbox from the Trustee that said "I have met all the requirements of my case and there is no need to send in any more funds" !!!! And they will take care of the paper work.
            I am so stoked!!! We feel like has come to see us!!!!!!
            Filed Chapter 13 10/4/04
            Discharged 1/4/10!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 77ford View Post
              When I got home from work tonight I had letter in the mailbox from the Trustee that said "I have met all the requirements of my case and there is no need to send in any more funds" !!!! And they will take care of the paper work.
              I am so stoked!!! We feel like has come to see us!!!!!!
              I know that's right! Well Merry XMas!!!! And a Happy New Year!!!

Comment

Congrats!!

Do you get the $860 overpayment back?

Comment

I haven't gotten anything back yet. As a matter of fact, according to the national data site they still have over $1,600 on hand??? Because email from my attorney was before the last payment had posted. That would be sweet to get back but I doubt very seriously that's gonna happen. LOL I really don't care if I get anything back, I'm just glad I don't have to send anymore. Next month is gonna be awesome to not send that payment in.
                  Last edited by 77ford; 10-31-2009, 05:41 AM.
                  Filed Chapter 13 10/4/04
                  Discharged 1/4/10!!!

Comment

Congrats on a job well done!

I got $1350 back but it was not disbursed until their normal monthly disbursement date. About 3 weeks later!

I am crossing my fingers that you will see that money in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by deerme View Post
                      Congrats on a job well done!

I got $1350 back but it was not disbursed until their normal monthly disbursement date. About 3 weeks later!

I am crossing my fingers that you will see that money in a few weeks.

That would be too awesome!!!!!!! but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.
                      Filed Chapter 13 10/4/04
                      Discharged 1/4/10!!!

Comment

I am sure you will get that back and then it will be Merry Christmas to you!!

The best part for me is that I learned how to budget so well, cut back in the right places and not rely on credit ever that I was able to put all $1350 in the bank and I am adding to it monthly now!

I hope you see your little nest egg soon!

Comment

Yea us too. Going through this teaches you a lot.

Thanks, it would be nice to get it.
                          Filed Chapter 13 10/4/04
                          Discharged 1/4/10!!!

Comment

I'm little confused, I guess maybe the disbursement will show up on the ledger tomorrow? I just checked the data site and in the "on hand" is only $60 now. The weird part is on the ledger page the balance on there is still $1,600 there are no disbursements listed??? Also it still has the last disbursement date as 10/13/09. So I'm wondering if the disbursement details will be on the ledger when it updates tonight. I don't know, but I do know the closed date says 10/31/2009!!!
                            Filed Chapter 13 10/4/04
                            Discharged 1/4/10!!!

Comment

Keep an eye on the datacenter. Mine showed as a debtor refund and if I remember right it was updating with weird stuff over the course of a couple weeks. I even had one night where it said I owed an additional .38! Then that changed a few days later.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X