freaked!!! BofA just sent me certified mail! God I am freaked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

freaked!!! BofA just sent me certified mail! God I am freaked

Okay, my sitter just txted said she signed for certified mail from BofA my 2nd mortgage holder. I just missed one payment!!!! I am trying to have a yard sale at my mother-in-laws place and my sitter txt me this information. I am sick... Of course I have to find out what it is. But just sick. Has anyone dealt with BofA for 2nd mortgage? How agressive are they? I know they are unwilling to help me.

Can anyone put my mind at ease? Do you thing they are sending me a check for 1,000,000.? lol

Back when I was with Taylor, Beane & Whitaker I missed a payment and received a certified letter before the end of the month. It was really just the normal "you missed a payment and are in default" letter. Nothing scary...don't know why they sent it certified.

Comment

We haven't paid our credit card bills since Nov. 2008. BoA is who we owe about $60k to (it was a debt consilidation loan). Never have we ever rec'd a certified letter/garnishment from anyone....yet. Hoping the permanent loan modification comes through first! Then we file.

Comment

I went several months without paying on my BAC 2nd mortgage before I filed. I have since stripped the 2nd mortgage.
        Chapter 13 Filed (Pro Se) - 9/30/09
        Confirmation Date - 12/1/09
        Stats - $1752/month, 29/36 completed, 4% to Unsecured, Lien Stripped 2nd Mortgage

Comment

Before you panic, read the letter. The end of this world is not yet. Wait till 2012, like everyone else. Please report back with the fact of the matter. You will be fine. Your sitter only did the right thing to inform you of mail. That is all there is to it and they are not going to kick you out yet. You have friends and info here. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

It was a certified letter saying my loan is in default!!! CERTIFIED??? How stupid... And they paid to have that certified! but when I ask them to wave the late fee they said NO!

Sorry I am freaking out yawl. Its my nature to panic and stress. I guess its time for medication... JK

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              Before you panic, read the letter. The end of this world is not yet. Wait till 2012, like everyone else. 'Hub
              Seriously. Calm down. It costs $1.50 to send a certified letter. It's not like the Gestapo kicked your door in or anything. Y'all (not 'yawl') need to toughen up. If you have a stroke when your babysitter tells you that you've gotten a certified letter, what's going to happen when a sheriff shows up with a summons?

We can help.

(When "U.S. GVT -- I.R.S.") shows up on your caller ID, then it's time for your heart to skip a beat -- like mine does -- even though they're always calling about a client.
              Last edited by MSbklawyer; 11-06-2009, 06:46 PM.
              Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Yeah, like I said, TB&W sent mine certified also. Seemed like a waste but right after that, they got raided and shut down by the Feds.

Comment

Yes I know I need to toughen up... It's kinda hard when everything is new to me and my home is in jeopardy.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X