Tomorrow is the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow is the day

Tomorrow I have my appointment to go into my laywers office and sign my paerwork and be filed. I will be paying 311 a month for 60 months. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and my 341 will be scheduled before the end of the year so I can have this off my mind before the holidays.
    Filed 11-19-09
    341 12-30-09
    8 payments down 52 to go

Good luck I file Dec 1

Comment

Yes, good luck. Welcome to the forum!!
      (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
      :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

What district / city are you filing in?
        Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

Comment

Good luck. You will breathe sighs of relief as the process continues. Your biggest hurdle is over. You decided to do something about your situation. By far the hardest decision for most here.
          Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Originally posted by jwmc1 View Post
            What district / city are you filing in?
            I am in Raleigh/Durham NC.

Thats for the well wishes everyone. I think filling out the 60 pages of paperwork for this was the worst part. Tomorrow I go in to sign the papers and then wait for the 341 hearing which i hope goes smoothly. I am looking foward to getting the case number tomorrow so I can tell all my debters to stop calling me.
            Filed 11-19-09
            341 12-30-09
            8 payments down 52 to go

Comment

As soon as we made the decision to file (when we started filling out the piles of paperwork) our lawyer had us send all credit calls to her office. We haven't gotten a call in 2 months and we just officially filed Tuesday. I was grateful to them for doing that as it took a huge psychological burden off of us.

Comment

Originally posted by SCRuth View Post
                As soon as we made the decision to file (when we started filling out the piles of paperwork) our lawyer had us send all credit calls to her office. We haven't gotten a call in 2 months and we just officially filed Tuesday. I was grateful to them for doing that as it took a huge psychological burden off of us.
                You have a good and thoughtful lawyer. What a wonderful gesture. 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Yea I am not that lucky although I am very happy with my lawyer. The calls have been comming in like mad and following the script they told me to tell them to do what you have to do and hangup. Now after today I can tell them that i filed and the calls will finally stop.
                  Filed 11-19-09
                  341 12-30-09
                  8 payments down 52 to go

Comment

Fireman32.... Congrats to you on filing. Not to bring you down but I thought I would feel wonderful after I filed and now it just seems like a waiting game... Also, a word of advise make sure you go over your figures on the I & J with a fine tooth comb... Not sure about your trustee but mine got my pmt amt from those figures. She screwed around with a few before deciding my pmt amt. So just make sure you spend a few extra minutes going thru them. You will be fine.... Its just one more step in the life of debt free living.... Well just plain "living" without creditors crawling down your back and waiting for some sherriff to knock on your door with some papers
                    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
                    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
                    Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Originally posted by klandsb View Post
                      Fireman32.... Congrats to you on filing. Not to bring you down but I thought I would feel wonderful after I filed and now it just seems like a waiting game... Also, a word of advise make sure you go over your figures on the I & J with a fine tooth comb... Not sure about your trustee but mine got my pmt amt from those figures. She screwed around with a few before deciding my pmt amt. So just make sure you spend a few extra minutes going thru them. You will be fine.... Its just one more step in the life of debt free living.... Well just plain "living" without creditors crawling down your back and waiting for some sherriff to knock on your door with some papers
                      Thanks for the advice. My lawyer has been very through and worked out a payment of 311mo for 60 months.
                      Filed 11-19-09
                      341 12-30-09
                      8 payments down 52 to go

Comment

Just got back from the layers office and everything looks good. The payment will be 320 a month I was off a few dollars. They went over each piece of paperwork with me and answered any questions I had. Signed everthing and now I am filed. I will wait for my 4341 hearing and I asked if there looks like there will be any objections and she told me no that my case was very straightfoward and should go smoothly. I will also meet with my trustee before the 341.

I feel like a big weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I am going to make sure that I work quite hard to stay on a budget and hopefully for the first time save some money.
                        Filed 11-19-09
                        341 12-30-09
                        8 payments down 52 to go

Comment

got calls from creditos today and was finally able to tell them that I filed and gave them the lawyers info and now the calls should finally stop.
                          Filed 11-19-09
                          341 12-30-09
                          8 payments down 52 to go

Comment

Good luck to you. My husband filed on the 17---341 hearing is 12/21. Confirmation hearing is scheduled for 1/28/10. We are just holding our breath until all of that is done and our payments are confirmed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X