New Checking Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Checking Account

I know we need to open a new checking account NOW! We should have done it a few weeks ago. I am so afraid they are going to tell me no because of our low credit score. We do not have any bad checks. I have never had a check bounce. Will a low credit score allow the bank to laugh in my face and tell me to hit the road?

Try a credit union in your area... I opened a new account shortly before filing as had been suggested on this forum. Hard to do since I have always had the same bank since I opened it at age 16... but in the end it was so easy and things went smoothly..Good Luck..
    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
    Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Banks dont care about low credit scores unless you are applying for credit. You should have no problems opening a checking account. Good luck...

Comment

I have very bad credit...and I have never had any problems opening a checking account. It will be ok, if you don't have any bad checks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kkole425 View Post
          I know we need to open a new checking account NOW! We should have done it a few weeks ago. I am so afraid they are going to tell me no because of our low credit score. We do not have any bad checks. I have never had a check bounce. Will a low credit score allow the bank to laugh in my face and tell me to hit the road?
          If anything, If you had a bad past with other banks...you might be on their "chexsystems" database. If not, You should be fine.
          [deleted by moderator]

Comment

I was very stressed about this because I also had to get my money (fast) out of the credit union we have been in for the past 10 years. Last Friday we walked into another credit union, and within a half an hour we had 2 accounts, checks, and a Visa debit card. So you will probably not have any problem.

Comment

Thanks for all the replys! I have been more stressed over this than anything else! We have been at the same bank my entire life. My parents bank there my kids bank there. I am happy to be moving on to a fresh start! I feel alot better about it now! So dumb something this little would stress me out. I might still pop a xanax before I go!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X