Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed papers today......Whats next?

Hi all,
    I met with the attorney today and signed papers, he said he is going for my payment to be $300.00 per month., he said I will be getting a letter from his office with copies of papers signed, filing date, Dock number., date of 341 meeting, when to go to 2nd ccc, and when to start paying trustee.
    Is this the norm, he is a good attorney many many have gone to him, and are pleased with how he handles things, but a man of a few words. He said not to worry about the 341 very informal, and doesn't beleive any creditors will come. One of my questions., if the trustee wants to change the payment amount, what happens?
    Thanks all.

Congrats on signing the papers I signed mine last week. I am still waiting to get my case number to give to the creditors when they call. They told me that I would have it last friday and still do not have it. I am hoping to get a call back from the layer today!
    Filed 11-19-09
    341 12-30-09
    8 payments down 52 to go

Comment

The trustee wanted to change my payment amount up $60 per month. It didn't happen until the day after the 341 meeting. My lawyer called and said we can fight that amount if I wanted, but to be honest I thought it was a fair increase because it could have been more I supposed. So all we did was file an amended plan and I just wait confirmation Dec 15. Good luck
      Filed September 15 2009
      Confirmed December 15 2009 :yahoo
      Discharged! 1/31/12 New beginning has begun!

Comment

Like everything, it depends on your district

I went to two separate 341 hearings and because my lawyer was late both times, I got to sit through the whole run both times. From everything I've seen here, my district is very different than every other district, so unless you are in So Cal, I doubt this will resemble your situation. In my district the 341 is held a few hours before the confirmation hearing. Either the trustee agrees with your numbers, I saw that happen maybe 15%, disagreed and lowered your payment about 5%, thought the plan was infeasible and was going to move for dismissal that happened about 5% and the rest the trustee modified up by some percentage explaining the reasoning to the lawyer in a foreign language, would tell the lawyer to talk it over with their client and they would call them back at second call to decide. If you didn't agree that meant you went on the contested calendar and your lawyer litigated the objection. The amounts they raised payments varied wildly from a few bucks, to taking a proposed 12% payback plan to 100% in one case. Of course it was pretty clear by the tone of the trustee's counsel that she was calling "shenanigans" on the lawyer and the person filing.

My payment doubled. Once it was explained to me how they reached that number I understood where they were coming from and how it was a doable number. I'm now 2 payments into my plan, 58 to go.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X