Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lien Stripping - Appraisal vs. Primary Lien Amount

Hi all -

So I got my appraisal in today. It came in $8,325 below the amount of my primary lien, supporting the ability the lien strip the second mortgage.

Should I be concerned that it is "close" to the amount of the primary mortgage, or is even $1 below the primary lien amount enough to allow the lien stripping?

Thanks!!

Your safe to strip the lien. The market value just needs to be less than the first mortgage to make all the jr liens eligible to be stripped.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

My appraisal came in at 285K I owe 295K on my first. I will be stripping the 2nd and third. Your 2nd could object since your appraisal is close like mine but you should be fine. I file in two weeks. I will keep the board updated.

Comment

I am in the same boat. Will file in a little over a month. Currently have an appraisal that is about $7,500 (about 3.5% of value of loan) under the current balance of the 1st ($245k). I want to keep the 1st current, so assuming no massive (or even minor) turn around in the Michigan housing market I plan on stripping the 2nd ($150k).

Out of curiosity, does anyone have experience with any lenders as to whether they fight the lien strip? I am with Green Tree Servicing (from Irwin Home Equity). Two of the lawyers I spoke with said they generally do not fight anything. It was originally a 125% LTV loan, so there was inherient risk in the loan to begin with.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X