Do they come to homes for a 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they come to homes for a 13?

Yikes! Another thread scared me. Does someone come to your home in the case of a 13? We are only contemplaiting the idea of filing. Not behind on any payments. Yet, I was under the impression that nothing was taken from a person who files 13 (unless they surrender odd items like boats etc. right?) All of our appliances and furniture are over 7 years old. No boats, atvs, etc. No valuable collections. Please tell me no one would come to my home if we decided to file a 13! Thank you.

No one will come to your home. You value your items as if you were selling them at a yard sale.

Comment

The home visits you refer to are exceptionally rare in all but one district. In Florida's Middle District, property appraisals are common, with one trustee in particular, in Ch 7 Filings.

They are almost unheard of in other parts of the country unless the BK estate is very large or outright fraud is suspected. 99.999 percent of filers will never experience an appraisal of this nature. I live in Florida Middle, and was not subjected to an appraisal when we filed CH 7, but watched as about 90% of the cases preceding us at the 341 WERE ordered appraisals.

Since you are not in this district, you almost certainly have nothing to worry about. Also, you are filing 13, so there is no need to appraise anything.

best,

-dmc
      11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
      12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
      3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X