Under the table Child care....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under the table Child care....

I am about to file Chapter 13. My childcare expense is $600 per month. Will I be required to show proof of this expense? I pay her cash and the only "proof" would be a $300 draw on my account every other friday. Would that suffice? Would I be opening up a can of worms for her legally?

THANKS!

Originally posted by abbeyv73 View Post
    I am about to file Chapter 13. My childcare expense is $600 per month. Will I be required to show proof of this expense?
    Mayhap you do. Mayhap you don't. I watched The Stand last night if you haven't guessed. But seriously, it depends on whether the trustee sees a red flag on that or not. Anyone who has ever had kids in daycare knows that it can be major $$.

I pay her cash and the only "proof" would be a $300 draw on my account every other friday. Would that suffice? Would I be opening up a can of worms for her legally?
    In addition, you could get an affidavit from her regarding your payments or call her to testify to your payments.
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Sadly - right now you have to worry about your own financial stability. The alternative is you having a $600/month higher payment for 5 years so she can save a couple thousand in tax.

Show the account statements first and see what happens.
      19% dividend

Comment

Thank you both! You are right, I do have to worry about my family first. AND I do pay EVERY month $600. So, yep.

PS - I love the STAND!

Comment

I claimed child care as an expense and didnt have to show proof of claim... I did have a copy of my pmts from my daycare just in case but it was never brought up and went thru with no problems.... In reality Trustees are human too and I am sure somewhere along the line either they themselves or someone in there family has discussed the expense of child care and how much it cost. Dont sweat the small stuff... Until its brought up dont worry about it...
          Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
          Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
          Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X