top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 days after discharge, my mailbox is full.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 days after discharge, my mailbox is full.....

In 16 days since my discharge, I have received 7 preapproved offers in the mail for auto loans. The lowest preapproval was 30K, the highest 39700.

All offers state to rebuild credit after my successful Chapter 13. 3 of the 7 letters are from local car dealers.

Of course, no terms were disclosed. Probably very high interest rates.

I cannot believe 16 days after a discharge, I have this many credit offers. By the way, I had my first offer 3 days after completion....it was from a Jeep dealership local.

No credit card offers though, just car loans.
    Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
    Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
    Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

They know you have fewer debts, and they know you can't discharge a new debt in bankruptcy any more.
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Oh, don't worry, I suspect the credit card offers are on their way! I've been pre-qualified (not pre-approved) for cards with rather interesting terms. My poor mail carrier.
      *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

And do you ever wonder how many people jump right back into that fire again? Everyone will want you now because you can't bk for years, and in appreciation of that fact, they're going to charge you extra for it.

They only want to "help" you.........
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Its your invitation with a shiny new shovel attached to it.

Comment

I discharged at the same week as you and I too have gotten probably about 5 letters so far. I guess they probably have one person at each dealership that just scours the public records to see who has recently discharged.

We are in need of a car badly, but we are going to wait a couple of months and start out with an inexpensive used car to avoid outrageous payments since we know the interest rate will be enormous.

I don't ever want to get into the debt trap again!!!
            Filed Chapter 13 - 1/3/2005
            Discharged - 1/4/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X