Should I file claim for secured/unsecured creditor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I file claim for secured/unsecured creditor

I filed Ch. 13 pro se in November and my plan was confirmed last month. Creditors have until mid-March to file claims. My question has to do with a Citifinancial loan that was backed my my car. The loan balance is approx. 14,000 but I crammed down the value of the car to $4,500 with no objection from Citi. So, $4500 is secured, the rest is unsecured. No claim has been filed yet regarding this loan.
    I read in the Nolo book that it is wise to file claims for secured creditors who fail to file on their own. If I do that, should I only file a claim for the 4500 or do I need to file for the full amount (secured and unsecured)?
    I am in a 100 percent plan but most creditors have yet to file claims. My understanding is that if the unsecured creditors don't file a claim, they don't get paid, right?
    Thanks for your help

hmmm

hmmm

Comment

Correct, if your unsecured creditors do not file a claim by the bar date, then generally speaking, they do not receive any portion of the distribution.

I don't know about filing a claim on behalf of a creditor. I never heard of that before, but that doesn't mean anything. If I knew everything, I darn sure wouldn't be here!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X