When do ch 13 payments stop when you convert to 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do ch 13 payments stop when you convert to 7

I plan on converting from ch 13 to 7 this september. I will qualify because my disposable income will now become below $100 per month and being below the state median. My question is, when my baby is born and I convert to 7. During that process when I contact my attorney, when do my ch 13 payments stop? If we cant afford to pay the payments and it takes awhile for the conversion to be filed.

I was looking this up and was wondering if I would qualify for a chapter 13 hardship discharge? If so would this be cheaper than a conversion to 7?

Comment

Originally posted by 5sracing View Post
      I was looking this up and was wondering if I would qualify for a chapter 13 hardship discharge? If so would this be cheaper than a conversion to 7?
      Hardship discharges are not easy to get. You would probably be better off converting to a 7 rather than spending the money to request a hardship discharge just to then need to convert anyway.

Most courts seem to want a pretty big hardship (you become disabled, for example) to allow it.
      Filed CH13 - 06/2009
      Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

I'm going to do the same in June. Our income will be a lot less then when I filed and we will be under the limit by $400 a month. I was told that I pay in June and they convert and I don't pay in July. You should double check with your attorney to see what they charge to convert and what they have to say about it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X