• Show
Clear All

near the end

I am coming up on 5 years.Here is my info:
    Date Petition Filed 5/17/2005
    Date Plan Filed 5/31/2005
    First 341 Meeting Date 7/5/2005
    Date Case Confirmed 7/18/2005
    Now looking at my payments they started 6/21/2005.So I can't get an answer from my attorneys office if payments stop in June or the date it shows confirmed.I seem so close but yet so far.Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not a lawyer or a BK expert by any means, as I am just starting my CH 13. However, using common sense and knowing you make 60 payments, if your first payment was in June 2005, your last one should be in May 2010. Your May payment would be your 60th. I don't know the specifics of your case, but it seems pretty cut and dry to me.
    Filed Ch 13 - 2/2010
    341 meeting - 4/2010
    Confirmed! - 6/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Lissy View Post
      I'm not a lawyer or a BK expert by any means, as I am just starting my CH 13. However, using common sense and knowing you make 60 payments, if your first payment was in June 2005, your last one should be in May 2010. Your May payment would be your 60th. I don't know the specifics of your case, but it seems pretty cut and dry to me.

I did use common sense and that is what I figured but I have heard of some instances of some people running longer than the 60 months they were given.

Thanks

Comment

You don't give us an idea of what state you are in. In Michigan our 5 years is up upon confirmation date. (Yes, we pay longer than 60 months. Yes, it's aggravating :-)
        Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
        I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
          You don't give us an idea of what state you are in. In Michigan our 5 years is up upon confirmation date. (Yes, we pay longer than 60 months. Yes, it's aggravating :-)
          You've got to be kidding me? Here I am thinking I am making some headway and with 4 payments under my belt and because my confirmation isn't till next week I may not have even started??? OMG!
          11-12-2009 Filed Chapter 13
          12-23-2009 - 341
          1-20-2010 - business 341

Comment

oops123... take a deep breath!

I am pretty sure those of us in Michigan are the only ones who are subject to this fun little interpretation of the BK law!

Someone from Texas can confirm what their experiences are for you to compare against.

Comment

Yes, I have only heard of that in Michigan.

Either way, keep paying until you are directed to stop. If you overpay it will be refunded.
              Filed CH13 - 06/2009
              Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

When you think you are the end, the end isnt really there. I am over paid 4 payments, still having my wages withheld for bk payment. Trustees office says it may take months to do the final audit.That person at the office said there are hundreds being audited each day and coming up for audit. I was told i would just have to wait and all money over paid will be refunded. I guess it is like a saving but without interest. I was so looking forward to the end. lol

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                  I'm in Pa.

Thanks

Comment

Well now isn't that just something. How about going by the total dollar amount of your plan? Have you paid the total dollar amount of your plan?

Comment

Originally posted by joek View Post
                      When you think you are the end, the end isnt really there. I am over paid 4 payments, still having my wages withheld for bk payment. Trustees office says it may take months to do the final audit.That person at the office said there are hundreds being audited each day and coming up for audit. I was told i would just have to wait and all money over paid will be refunded. I guess it is like a saving but without interest. I was so looking forward to the end. lol
                      Would sort of make you feel like you were living in the Twighlight Zone!
                      11-12-2009 Filed Chapter 13
                      12-23-2009 - 341
                      1-20-2010 - business 341

Comment

And then if you are extra lucky, the Trustee will send you a check drawn on Wells Fargo bank, and the bank will charge you $5 to cash it if you don't have an account there.

Comment

lol, I am paid in full. Just ready for it to be over with.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X