Ch.13 & Authorized User & Spouse Bank a/c balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch.13 & Authorized User & Spouse Bank a/c balance

I talked to an Ch.13 attorney yesterday who gave me total confidence about ease of Ch.13. She charges me only $1500 for Ch.13. She promises me that I can easily go for $100 - $200 payment plan for 3 years because of my annual income is just $70k with no income from my wife and 2 kids. I am planning to go for BK in another 2 or 3 months.

There are couple of questions that I forgot to ask her and want to get your opinion:

a) Since my spouse is not filing, trustee will not look into my spouse bank statement/account/credit card balance/payment. In my case, she has a considerable amount in her bank. She got $3k in interest last year and that's shown in tax return as we are filing jointly. She took money out of 0% APR Balance Transfer credit cards and paid back last year itself. My name is not in that bank a/c. Will this interest be a problem for my Ch.13?

b)For the last one year, I deposit rental from my investment home into her another bank a/c. It's going to stop this month. Is this rental deposit a problem? How can they find out these deposits if this a/c doesn't yield any interest?

b) I have a credit card in my wife's name and I am an authorized user. We have been using this card for almost 2 years mainly. Attorney told me to remove my name before BK and then I can add it back after BK. Why do I need to like this as my wife is the primary user? If I don't stop using, why is it a problem with Ch.13 as the statement is going under her name and transactions can't be distinguished between my and my wife's c.card usage?

c)As my wife is not working, I show one of my expense is to pay this credit card every month. Can trustee/creditor ask this question of why do I need to take care of her expense when I am not showing any income?

d) I applied for Kohl's store credit card last month and I made few small purchases and I am paying it off now. Is it a major problem in ch.13?

Thanks in advance.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X