No more mortgage statements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more mortgage statements?

Anyone else have this happen? My mortgage in not in my plan. I didn't get a statement for my April payment and when I called the 800 number it sent me to the BK dept. I had to leave a message for them to call me back.

My mortgage company is CENLAR. I found out that they are owned by Bank of America. I have never been late or missed a payment.

Just because you're keeping your house doesn't mean it wasn't included in the bk, you have to include every single debt. They are not allowed to contact you for payment which includes sending you a statement. Screwy, I know.

Pay it on time as usual.
    attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
    no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
    341, 05/10/2010
    discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

I get my BOA statements still.
      19% dividend

Comment

Did you have to call the lender? I got my Jan, Feb, & March statements.

Comment

Nope, they just kept coming. In fact, I had a coupon book but when I filed I started getting statements.

BOA is so huge and lost that ours are probably serviced in 2 different divisions or something.
          19% dividend

Comment

All debts are covered by the automatic stay when you file, and the mortgage co does not know your intent. You should still be getting some sort of statement though.

I am w/ BofA - formerly Countrywide - and my 'statement' includes something about it not being a demand for payment. Merely informational purposes only, shows total owed and next payment amount/date.
            Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
            (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

BOA and Chase both still send me statements, and like SM mentions, they contain the "not intended for debt collection purposes" language. Because of the statement I actually caught that our insurance had not yet been paid from our escrow account yet (due March 26th). Took care of it before it was past due and an issue.

Of course, online access was shut off shortly after filing BK for both mortgage accounts. Not sure the rationale for that one...

Comment

I'm still waiting to hear back from the bank. I can go online and everything looks fine but when I call it goes to the BK dept and I have to leave a message.

My mortgage was with Toylor Bean but they went BK so everything went to Cenlar. When I filed it was under Taylor Bean.

Comment

I'm really really hoping our mortgage online access doesn't change. Would it be stupid of me to call and ask them what their policy is? Right now I still have access.
                  attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
                  no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
                  341, 05/10/2010
                  discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

Because that is one of the little ways they can 'stick it to us' for filing???
                    Originally posted by NoTomatoCan View Post
                    Of course, online access was shut off shortly after filing BK for both mortgage accounts. Not sure the rationale for that one...
                    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
                    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

My online access is still on and I filed in November. It helps tremendously to be able to pay on the 15th day of the grace period and not have to worry about it going through the mail.
                      Filed 11/24/09, Riding Through Mortgage
                      341 on 1/11/10 (easy), Confirmed 4/26/10
                      $150 for 36 months (22 of 36 made)

Comment

We had to call, get the address where to send it to. They do send statements, but of course they always include the amount going into the payment plan. The address on the statement is not where we were told to send it to either. They do manage to cash the check with 3 to 4 days regardless.

Comment

My atty sent a letter to Chase for them to continue to send the statements. So far I haven't gotten one, but I can see it online so i continue to make the payments as my mortgage is not in my plan and I am keeping my house.
                          ch 13
                          filed 1 11 10
                          341 3 29 10
                          Discharged 5/2015

Comment

BofA will not send me my end of the year tax form. I have called them three different times and all of their customer service reps state they have mailed it and will mail it again, but I never receive it. Has anyone else had this problem? I, too, do not have online access like I used to because of the BK.

Comment

Interesting...my vehicle was included in and paid thru my chapter 13 and I still got statements every month. Mentioned it to the attorney's office and they said "oh, it's nothing to worry about".
                              Ch 13 filed 06/22/09. Dismissed,thankfully, 03/31/10. Ch 7 filed 06/28/10. 341 07/29/10. UST POA 08/06/10. UST mot to dismiss hearing extended to Dec...Feb...March...May...Aug. UST withdrawal of dismissal filed 05/31! DISCHARGED 07/12/2011!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X