Chapter 13 Software???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 Software???

I've been to my attorney's office twice, once to get a "packet" to fill out and get a login for counseling....

I already had 90% of my info gathered, and had a 'proposed' plan ready on spreadsheet that I gave to the paralegal...

I went back yesterday to turn in all my paperwork, was hoping to discuss plan options with the lawyer, but just dealt with the paralegal going through all my paperwork to make sure it was 100% there....

She set an appointment for me Wednesday to sign the papers.... I asked about the plan, she said they input all the info into their system and the computer develops the "plan" .....

Anyone know how "realistic" these auto generated plans are?

Wednesday is the deadline for me to file (last day of the month), I received a bonus this month that will put me over the median if I file next month...

Just not too comfortable knowing my financial fate for the next 36 months is blindly in the hands of some Chapter 13 software...

No clue what 'software' they use, but it should really be a matter of #s. Could be an actual program, or just something spread sheet based. Income less expenses = plan payment. The thing for you to be careful of: don't sign ANYTHING without carefully reviewing it. Make sure all your actual expenses are realistic and accounted for. If your atty puts in $X for you on food, make sure that is enough. If something is left out, make sure they update it.

Also make sure you understand what is being paid in the plan - what priority debts. Make sure everything is accounted for.

Seems a common issue is people sign and don't really know what they are signing and then problems arise later.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

They are probably using Best Case. Here is a link posted by MSbklawer a few months back. I downloaded it and found it to be quite helpful.

Comment

The plans are not really "generated" by the software in the sense I think you mean, but they do calculate the plan initially based on the information you provide (income, expenses etc). Ultimately, you should spend some time with the attorney going over it (unless you retained a bargain basement attorney who probably charged you very little up front and you went with a cheap price).

Comment

Yeah - it does the math and generates the correct docs. Otherwise it's all about the inputs and you will review these with your attorney.
          19% dividend

Comment

Thanks to this forum,,, I feel very educated in the process,,,

I plan on reviewing the "Plan" completely before signing, I just hope there is enought time to "adjust" the plan (we meet at 11:30am) and still have it filed same day.

Comment

I used Best Case. Loved it!

Comment

Originally posted by mikemc411 View Post
                Thanks to this forum,,, I feel very educated in the process,,,

I plan on reviewing the "Plan" completely before signing, I just hope there is enought time to "adjust" the plan (we meet at 11:30am) and still have it filed same day.
                Don't worry, you'll probably have a couple of amended plans later anyway :-)
                19% dividend

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X