No announcement yet.

New Car Loans while in a chapter 13!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same thing here. We had a van that was 8 yrs old and 150k miles. Atty suggested getting a newer car before filing. We have not paid cc's since 9/09 and our credit is crap. Bought a 2007 van for ~12k, 14.5% @ 60 mos= 270/month. The dealer was great to work with- negotiated as normal (like I did when score was ~750), and got a great deal.
    Now we are set for cars for the next 5 years and it helps keep our overall repayment amount lower. Seems crazy but it works!
    Our loan was funded through Americredit.

Comment

Are there any restrictions on what type of car or truck we can purchase?

I know the Trustee can tell you the monthly amount limit. But is there any restriction on what Brand (Example Honda or Acura) or number of doors (2 door or 4 door)?

From what I'm reading it doesnt matter what brand the car is. As long as it falls under what amount is approved. Is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by neko1 View Post

I know the Trustee can tell you the monthly amount limit. But is there any restriction on what Brand (Example Honda or Acura) or number of doors (2 door or 4 door)?

From what I'm reading it doesnt matter what brand the car is. As long as it falls under what amount is approved. Is this true?
        it does not matter on the make. Just matters on the figure that they tell you you can spend...

Comment

Originally posted by neko1 View Post

Depends on the lender. If you go through Roadloans, they do have some restrictions. My loan packet had the following wording included: "No motorcycles, commercial vehicles or vehicles with greater than one-ton payload capacity or any vehicle no longer in production." Just make sure you know beforehand if there are any restrictions and what they are.

And to answer the question a few posts above, yes, you do have to send the trustee the buyer's order on the car you want to purchase. Or at least I did. I downloaded the form letter for Permission to Purchase a Vehicle from my trustee's website. I had to fill in the blanks for the dealership I was buying from and what my monthly payment would be. I then had to attach the Buyer's Order for the car, which showed the purchase price of the car, my downpayment, rebates, dealer fees, taxes, etc.
          Filed Ch 13 - 2/2010
          341 meeting - 4/2010
          Confirmed! - 6/2010

Comment

Thank you getback and Lissy. Thats the info I needed!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X