Buying a car from a Private Party during Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a car from a Private Party during Chapter 13

Is it possible to get a loan through lenders like Roadloans.com and buy a car from a Private Party during a chapter 13?

I been reading other threads about others buying from dealerships but non from private sellers.

Thanks in advance!

I don't think so with Roadloans at least. You have to work with their preferred dealers. You'll still need permission from your trustee to purchase a car, so if the private party is doing the financing, they may be able to create something similar to a Buyer's Order. You could submit that to the trustee and see if he/she approves it. Ask your atty in any case, they may already know whether the trustee would approve something like that.
    Filed Ch 13 - 2/2010
    341 meeting - 4/2010
    Confirmed! - 6/2010

Comment

thanks!

Comment

See this is what I hate about a chapter 13. Everyone must know your business when you apply for loans and such. Its crazy! Its entrapment! I have been in it for 4 years and cannot wait till the dismissal. I have a car with 170 thousand miles, a bad oil leak, check engine light on, air only works on high, and paint peeling off the hood! And I can't make my payments to the trustee cause they are too high and there would be no way she would say get a car! UGH!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmogal View Post
          See this is what I hate about a chapter 13. Everyone must know your business when you apply for loans and such. Its crazy! Its entrapment! I have been in it for 4 years and cannot wait till the dismissal. I have a car with 170 thousand miles, a bad oil leak, check engine light on, air only works on high, and paint peeling off the hood! And I can't make my payments to the trustee cause they are too high and there would be no way she would say get a car! UGH!!!!!!!
          I have the same issue. Apply with with roadloan.com. They sent me to carmax that is located far away...

Comment

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I am in the middle of a conversion to a chapter 7 but after I will check out that site once discharged! Super!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X