What do you all mean by your DH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you all mean by your DH?

Hello to all - great forum - so much info here-thanks to all making it possible. I've been studying here for a little while and am unsure if I'll file later or not. I sort of feel like I've been attending night school. Information overload!

I'm going to try to settle my largest unsecured debt on my own first but if I'm unsucessful in negotiation will be forced to file a 13. I am going to try to learn as much as possible beforehand both from this forum and through a few bk. atty consultations. Through reading this forum I've discovered that you really need to be a good study just to have a meaningful consultation and know what to ask and expect from an atty. I have a kind of complex situation (at least in my mind) that I will probably be divulging to all of you soon.

My first question has simply got to be - - what do all you ladies mean referring to your husbands as DH? I'm not a text messager sort of person and am unfamiliar with that abbreviation. My imagination has been wandering through the many posts that I've seen and I just had to ask. Does DH mean darling husband, dearest husband, deadbeat husband, da -n husband, di--head husband, depressed husband or what? Maybe it can change from time to time. Just wondering.

All of the above. lol

Welcome.
    attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
    no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
    341, 05/10/2010
    discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

This might help....

Comment

Lol. Like blessed said, it varies from post to post, but most of the time, it's darling/dear husband.

DW= Dear wife
        DD= Dear Daughter
        DS= Dear Son
        SO= Significant Other
        Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
        0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Thanks all - I needed a little humor before retiring for the evening. Thanks for the link pyroguy!

Comment

Yes, learn as much as you can before your initial meetings with your attorneys and especially before you file. I wish I would have done more research before I filed. I basically learned the difference between a 7 & 13 and though my attorney would handled the rest for me. I should have been saving every receipt for the 6 months before I filed to track food, hair cuts, gas, kid's school supplies, field trip expenses, school pics, baby sitting receipts, etc. and to have proof of my actual expenses. I should have held out on paying my credit cards longer and should have been putting anything extra under my mattress or buying things I really needed like new tires, new washer, etc. My TT goes below the national standards, but seems to let you go up to the national standards if you have proof (receipts) to back it up.
            Met with attorney: Early 12/2009
            Filed Ch 13: 1/8/10
            : 2/26/10

Comment

Originally posted by PyroGuy View Post
              Thanks PyroGuy. That was very useful as I wondered what was meant by HELOC.
              Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
              341- April 28, 2010;
              Confirmed May 25, 2010;
              $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X