Update on my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on my story

Well, as of today I still don't see how this is going to end.

Recap....Community state. I filed (self employed & stay at home parent) wife didn't. Case filed 12/28/09 with 341 on 2/16/10. Online says confirmed on 3/25/10. Plan was set at $255 a month for 60 months. $107,000 to my CC's and $4000 on a joint account (bank). We re-did the numbers and that lowered my DMI to $87 a month. Payment still $255.

Attorney said to file taxes alone. Wife took everything and got back $5000. I owe $1700 (trustee only wants my taxes).

Her gross monthly has now lowered by $750 a month. Feb, Mar, and now April I have had no income so we have used what I made in Dec/Jan plus her refund to cover what I missed and my taxes. At this point the money is just about gone.

It looks like I'll have some income for May. I would have to wait until June for the 6 month look back to show this year. At that point I think I may be under the income limit by $400 a month. That would show a -$300 a month on my DMI. I would really like to convert to a 7.

Attorney said my wife is covered by my BK, but I think it may be better to reaffirm the joint debt for her. She has an 800 FICO. I don't want what I did to take her down, plus she has about $3000 in stocks. I may also be at risk of the loss of my jeep (03 and falling apart) but I'm not sure because the trustee at my 341 meeting said no assets. Wife is on the title of both cars.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens by June.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X