Ch 13 & lien strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch 13 & lien strip

Atty has advised full blown appraisal and not just CMA on the house, so we are working that I am wondering...and wanting to discuss what options I have if those #s don't come back favorable. Owe 251 on 1st, 56K on 2nd, I say home is worth 240-250, below first, the city assessment just came in at 254.9 so we are really sweating this. This is basically going to be the make or break whether we can keep this house. I say we get the appraisal & see what we get & then we can decide. We will probably have to walk away from this home. Also....marriage has been on the rocks as well, a lot to do with money, & I must admit in the back of my mind, maybe if this plays out I best make sure I can rent on my salary in case he is not there. I have to protect my children in that matter. I am of course hopeful that things will get better in that respect.

But here is where i am, do i stop making the mortgage payts esp if the appraisal doesn't come back in favor of the lien strip? I will certainly need that to rent a place...and how long do I have? 3 months? I have no idea! THanks

Well, if the appraisal comes in slightly above what you owe on the first, then you could possibly (consult attorney), stop paying on your mortgage for a few months until your first mortgage balance is higher than your appraised value. Then you could just include the arrears in your plan....
    Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
    0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X