New taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New taxes

I am in a Chap 13. I have received notice that I made a mistake on a past years 1040 and owe more taxes than I already paid. I sent the letter to my attorney and am waiting. I do not have the cash to pay the additional taxes, will my plan be modified or will I have to work something out with the IRS....I certainly cannot afford a big additional tax payment every month.
    Filed 9/14/09
    Confirmed 12/11/09

If it was for a prior year, then I believe it would be considered debt prior to filing - so should be able to amend. Hopefully your attorney will get back to you soon about how to proceed!
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Thank you. I am hoping that since it was pre-filing debt (even though I just became aware of it) that I can amend my plan to include it. I have done some research and looks like the 13 would at the very least protect me from penalties and interest. Hopefully my attorney will tell me the same thing is a day or two.
      Filed 9/14/09
      Confirmed 12/11/09

Comment

Exactly, if the taxes are for a year prior to you filing your chapter 13, then all you need to do is modify the existing plan, not a big deal, just takes a little time and hassle.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X