Checking Pacer post filing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking Pacer post filing!

We filed our chapter 13 on April 26th. I am wondering if I should start checking pacer now, to see any activity. Our 341 is June 8th. Will I see if there are problems by checking pacer? I would really like to know if problems arise. I know some of you do not see any benefit to checking pacer. Does pacer show what the creditors have filed? I know there are the 8 cent charge per page, but will you be charged for the same pages everytime you log on? I have read the stickies but would like to hear from others who have used it.

I used it a lot to monitor any objections by crediors or the trustee so I can quickly provide information to my attorney.

I also used it to monitor plan revisions submitted by my attorney. A couple of times my attorney modified my plan to answer an objection without consulting me and would raise my payment. I thought this was BS and would argue until it was corrected to my satisfaction.

If you have an attorney who communicates well and copies you on everything they do, don't worry as much. Since mine didn't send me copies of what she filed I felt as though I should keep up on it.

I did receive copies of all objections (credit & trustee) in the mail.

I paid about $60 for all my pacer activity to date (4 months worth). It was well worth it.
    19% dividend

Comment

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I just registered and went online to look at our case. I really don't know what to look for or where, there seems to be a lot of options on there. I really just want to see disputes, or trustee objections. Everything I went in says no reports. It does list all of our creditors and addresses. Any help appreciated.

Comment

Look under History/Documents for everything like that. Once you see everything just log in whenever and look at the last filing date at the top -- if that hasn't changed since your last look than no need to go further (this page is free).
        19% dividend

Comment

I looked again and clicked on parties and it listed our names, our attorney, the trustee, and also the us trustee, does this mean the us trustee is getting involved in our case, or just listed that they are notified. I don't see where anyone has made a clam yet but it is early.

Comment

We all have the UST listed, it's just normal. Really - History/Documents is the most important.
            19% dividend

Comment

Thanks so much! Everyone on here is so helpful. I am so glad I found this before filing.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X