Qestion about the counseling session??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qestion about the counseling session??

I have my phone counseling meeting this afternoon that has to be taken before we file. What can I expect? Can you flunk this? Did you have to have all your specific expenses and all for this? Just curious....
    Thanks
    Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
    341 10/7/10
    Confirmed 11/7/10

From what I recall - they ask fairly detailed questions about income, expenses, family size, etc. Wasn't painful.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

I was surprised at how much they actually did question the expenses. Nothing painful, but I figured it would be a simple "Is your name so and so" "yes" "Ok, you are all set". Instead they went through a budget we had submitted online and validated many of the numbers.

I don't think you can "flunk" though! It is just to counsel you on your debt and spending.

Comment

It was basically questions about expenses, income, etc. I think at the end, it recommended we eliminate some debt- duh! (We did it online)

Don't forget you need another class (on budgeting) post filing. You can't get a discharge without it.(Again, we did it online)

Good Luck!
        All posts are opinion only- I am not an attorney.

Comment

Ours was 100% online. We just filled out all the info, submitted it, and then we got an email response & certificate from someone who reviewed it. That was it. Totally painless. They didn't question any expenses, but we were, like $3000 in the hole each month with all the credit card minimums, so yeah.....
          Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
          0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

After viewing on line and calling the indicated phone number, the counselor told us, as did our atty., 'you spend way too much on groceries'. The counselor went over our expenses and income. All in all it was pretty painless. We've also taken the post filing counseling. It was longer. Like 2 hours on line but still pretty painless.
            Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
            341- April 28, 2010;
            Confirmed May 25, 2010;
            $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

Thanks for all your responses. Had the phone interview yesterday and low and behold we are negative every month by $1800 if we were to pay our bills and min. CC....go figure. Seemed like a waste of time to me.....since the guy didnt care what I told him. Just plugged in any amounts I gave him...and then recommended we start an emergency fund...huh???? With negative $1800/mo?? Funny to me.
              Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
              341 10/7/10
              Confirmed 11/7/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X