Trustee Issues After End to Garnishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee Issues After End to Garnishment

I just got off the phone with my Trustee. It did not go well. This all started with me wanting to resume my mortgage payments. Yesterday, I spoke with my mortgage company who told me that payments were over $3K behind as of May 4. So, silly me, I decided to call the trustee and asked them what their intentions were regarding the overdue payments. They called me this morning. Things went down hill from there. I was asked who told me to resume my payments. Then I was asked about the end of the garnishment. and I read the trustee representative the Judge's order to end the garnishment. I probably should not have asked them if they read their mail. Then I was told that the trustee payments show that my payments to the mortgage company are up to date. I told them they were wrong according to the mortgage company and they said how would they know that, all they do is disperse the funds. I asked them if they ever follow up with creditors, bad move on my part. I should have asked them if they ever check their math. Then I asked them about the 90 day review. They said there was no such thing as a 90 day review and that the review is a very lenghthy process. I said how lengthy and they said that they did not know. At which point I said this is like speaking to a brick wall and they hung up. What a bunch of incompetant so and so's in that Trustee Office. So, my 4 year plan is probably going to last more than 6 years all told. I swear depending upon what the lawyer says I'm going to call my congressman and the press and put a little heat on the Trustee office. How can they not have a copy of the end of garnishment order? GEEZE LOUISE. Maybe I'm torqued because I go into surgery tomorrow, but I am definately in a take no prisoners kind of mood.

I also asked the trustee Rep if they were going to continue taking out their monthly fee as they figure out if they managed their oversight of my account correctly. That's right before the brick wall statement on my part and the hang up on their part.

Comment

Here a question. Is it possible to get a car loan while in Trustee pergatory? I don't want to restart this mess, but I'm driving a 1990 Ford with 210K and every time I get into the car I have to wonder if I'll make it.

Comment

We too are in purgatory hell with you and we finally did break down and got a car loan. Our car would not pass inspection as it was too far gone. I don't know if we were allowed or not but since the trustee has indicated that they will get to my discharge when they darn well felt like it, we had no choice. We have been in the "90 day review cycle" since January 2009. I have a feeling we will have this car loan paid off before the discharge.

Comment

I spoke with the lawyer today about the trustee. I asked a lawyer if it was possible to get a car loan since the garnishment has ended. I also asked if this would get me in trouble with the trustee. The lawyer's answer was that we would not be in trouble with the trustee and that we may get a car loan if we can find a lender willing to give us the loan. These answers please me greatly since I do have a friend in the car business and we are members of the good Savings and Loan, we should be able to get a car loan and replace our 20-year-old jalopy. That goodness for small victories.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X