Wow what now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow what now

My husband and I filed 13 exactly 2 years ago. Never been late never an issue. My husbands company whom he has given 20 years for and which they recently transferred us from California to Texas (6 months ago) decided that they didn't need his department and gave him early retirement yesterday. I have a call into the attorney but with the retirement the only way we can survive is to get some of the money to get us back home were he is known and work should be no problem. My lawyer is thinking having the case dismissed and refiling under chapter 7. How could this work? Will they take my husbands retirement... Not feeling so well
    Filing January 08.

When a mistake becomes a lesson was it really a mistake?

Originally posted by tadbitconfused View Post
    My husband and I filed 13 exactly 2 years ago. Never been late never an issue. My husbands company whom he has given 20 years for and which they recently transferred us from California to Texas (6 months ago) decided that they didn't need his department and gave him early retirement yesterday. I have a call into the attorney but with the retirement the only way we can survive is to get some of the money to get us back home were he is known and work should be no problem. My lawyer is thinking having the case dismissed and refiling under chapter 7. How could this work? Will they take my husbands retirement... Not feeling so well
    When you say the company gave him an "early retirement" do you mean a cash buyout? A lump sum of money?

I'm so sorry this happened to you and your husband. So sorry.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

they are giving him an option to roll over his funds.. but we have to take some out to make it home.. I guess I am more nervous because we have already lost everything... so I thought
      He is in oil and well I have learned nothing is secure. But I don't want to stay here my family is back home.
      Filing January 08.

When a mistake becomes a lesson was it really a mistake?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X