top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd question on more than one household...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd question on more than one household...

can't find anything on this anywhere, but I'm sure someone will have come across this one..>I see info on folks who decide to separate & are paying toward 2 households. Here is my dilemna...we are having a LOT of troubles with our 18 year old, and she has moved out..basically staying with a friend. I will not allow her to come back; she doesn't make enough to support herself. So (I know we need to ask the attorney this)...but here is my question, is it allowable expense to help toward her apartment? At this point, this could be the help to try to salvage this marriage, I am trying to find a middle ground & that is not here in my house. Period. So I am sure folks have kids that live outside the home (ie., dorm rooms, college, apartments etc) that are still getting support from their parents. I am sure this would have to be the case if DH were to leave & it was he & her living together; then me in separate home with the boys. BUT I am trying to figure out how to work things through on my marriage & work this out with his child as well. Any thoughts? Thanks so much for your continued support & answering my many questions. :-) We have an appt Wed so I am trying to get my stuff together. We should be finalizing things I HOPE!!!

Originally posted by julsmom View Post
    can't find anything on this anywhere, but I'm sure someone will have come across this one..>I see info on folks who decide to separate & are paying toward 2 households. Here is my dilemna...we are having a LOT of troubles with our 18 year old, and she has moved out..basically staying with a friend. I will not allow her to come back; she doesn't make enough to support herself. So (I know we need to ask the attorney this)...but here is my question, is it allowable expense to help toward her apartment? At this point, this could be the help to try to salvage this marriage, I am trying to find a middle ground & that is not here in my house. Period. So I am sure folks have kids that live outside the home (ie., dorm rooms, college, apartments etc) that are still getting support from their parents. I am sure this would have to be the case if DH were to leave & it was he & her living together; then me in separate home with the boys. BUT I am trying to figure out how to work things through on my marriage & work this out with his child as well. Any thoughts? Thanks so much for your continued support & answering my many questions. :-) We have an appt Wed so I am trying to get my stuff together. We should be finalizing things I HOPE!!!
    I seriously doubt any trustee would allow you to claim expenses for an able bodied adult who does not live in your household. This is much different than providing support for an elderly parent.

Time for some tough love..if she moved out she should be getting a job and paying her own way, even if it is room & board at the friends home.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Im would guess no....

Comment

I have to agree with the others.
        Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
        0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X