What's next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's next?

Chapter 13 filing went in last Friday. Our first payment to the trustee is due in a little over three weeks. How ugly is this going to get? Apparently, my first and second mortgage holders have been notified as I no longer have web access to either one of my accounts. Has this happened to anyone? Do the bills ever stop coming? How unpleasant is the 341 meeting? Did any of you feel scared yet feel relieved? This is unchartered territory for me. Until last year, I never was behind on ANYTHING, now I am in Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. My wife and I make good money yet everything went South. I hate the expression misery loves company but it feels good to get this out there. Thanks for reading my vent.

Most of us have felt all that you described.
    Others here are more competent to answer your questions, but I can tell you it will get better, down the road.
    Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
    341- April 28, 2010;
    Confirmed May 25, 2010;
    $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

Originally posted by mhsaltz View Post
      Apparently, my first and second mortgage holders have been notified as I no longer have web access to either one of my accounts. Has this happened to anyone? .
      Yes, this is pretty standard for many (but not all) lenders.

Do the bills ever stop coming?
      Yes, but give it a month from when you filed. Some lenders will still send "informational" statements. With small print that says not intended for debt collection if you are in bankruptcy...

How unpleasant is the 341 meeting? Did any of you feel scared yet feel relieved?
      For most, not unpleasant at all. Review the 341 forum. Most people come away saying it was a piece of cake and that they worried about it for nothing.

This is unchartered territory for me. Until last year, I never was behind on ANYTHING, now I am in Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. My wife and I make good money yet everything went South. I hate the expression misery loves company but it feels good to get this out there. Thanks for reading my vent.
      That is true for most of us. This forum is a great place to get informed and even vent when needed!

Good luck to you as you begin your BK journey!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X